HEALTH & SAFETY
“SAFETY FIRST PRODUCTION SECOND!”
That is ACE Scaffolding Services Ltd’s mantra. That does not mean that we do not wish to make a profit but that we want to make it in the safest possible environment for a potentially highly dangerous trade.
As well as having our own HSE Department, ACE SCAFFOLDING employs the services of three independent Health and Safety professionals for verification. The first is our third party Safety Inspector whose role is to attend sites on an ad hoc basis and conduct a safety inspection of the scaffolding. This report is then forwarded to the Group Contract Manager to action.
We regularly perform Tool Box Talks as we see fit from the Construction Skills GT700 set. These comprise of 71 different talks all of which are applicable to various sectors of our business. On a monthly basis our HSE Manager reports to the Group Director of Contracts
We have a second Health and Safety Advisor in the form of A Warnes Consultants. They are specific to projects and monitor and advise us both theoretically and practically.
At Ace Scaffolding Services Ltd, we’ve always considered safety a leading priority in all our design and installation work.
- Our in-house health and safety policy requires our company and team;
- To cultivate a healthy and responsible attitude to safety culture through effective implementation and operation of our safety policy to all projects
- To prevent accidents, injuries or serious incidents directly caused by the company
- To prevent damage to plant, equipment and property
- To comply with existing and future health and safety and welfare legislation
- To promote safety awareness through on-going Expert scaffolding safety training
- To observe safe and effective work practices at all times
- To encourage the involvement and co-operation of clients and their sub-contractors in meeting the objectives of the safety policy
- To consult and co-operate with all employees of the company to meet the policy objectives
- To provide sufficient resources to provide and maintain safety plant equipment and safe working conditions
- To be pro-active in accident prevention and investigation and to prevent dangerous occurrences or near misses
MAINTAINING A REPUTATION FOR RESPONSIBILITY AND RELIABILITY
Make sure your team, equipment and the general public are completely safe from harm with our dedicated safety approach.
CHAS - The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme
CHAS – ACE Scaffolding are registered with the Construction Industry Health and Safety Scheme (CHAS) which monitors the health and safety of construction operators.
All operatives are CSCS accredited; CSCS is the Construction Skills Certification Scheme.
Introduced in 1995, CSCS is designed to significantly improve the quality of work done by individuals throughout the construction industry and also to ensure that all workers have at least a basic knowledge of health and safety, a factor that has led to a reduction in the number of construction accidents
CITB Levy – ACE Scaffold contribute to the Construction Industry Training Board Levy, the Levy Scheme is set up to share the investment across the industry to help to maintain a solid skills base in all trades.
ACE Scaffolding Services Ltd only employs qualified CITB Trained Scaffolders (Advanced and Basic) and competent assistant scaffolders who are vetted prior to starting.
Most of our staff have been with the company for many years.